> LEADERSHIP CAPACITY BUILDING
> FARM TO FABRIC (ORGANIC)
> FARM TO TABLE (ORGANIC)
> 301 – Sevagram Wild Honey
> SCIENTIFIC AGRICULTURAL TRAINING
> COMMUNITY HEALTH
> GRASS ROOTS RELIEF
MAHATMA GANDHI’S CONCEPTS OF CONSTRUCTIVE WORK ARE AS RELEVANT TODAY AS THEY WERE IN THE EARLY YEARS OF 20TH CENTURY
Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary is going to be celebrated during October 2018 to October 2019.
While there are several initiatives from the private charities as well as innovative programs from the Government, these are very few when compared to the challenges facing the country as well as humanity at large. This is particularly important in today’s context where the socio-political leadership has largely promoted the spirit of dependence on the government/non-governmental organizations than community participation. Moreover, a majority of development initiatives are motivated by personal or sectarian interests.
RECOGNITION OF SELFLESS NATION BUILDING WORK EITHER INDIVIDUAL OR INSTITUTIONAL IS IMPORTANT.
Grass-root initiatives of community involvement that promote the spirit of self-righteousness and self-reliance, will help motivate our youth into socially relevant initiatives in different walks of life.
To commemorate Mahatma Gandhi 150th Anniversary, Mission Samriddhi has proposed to get an assessment of the various initiatives underway in post independent India and the subcontinent, over the last 40 to 50 years.
It also proposes to identify contemporary Gandhians from various walks of life, document their contributions and honour them so that the younger generation can be inspired by these role models. Such change-makers will also be involved in guiding specific initiatives.
GANDHI DARSHANAND ACTION FELLOWS FROM MISSION SAMRIDDHI
Mission Samriddhi is proposing five (5) Fellowships of 3 year duration to be instituted in collaboration with Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti (GSDS), New Delhi to undertake studies in the following areas:
1. Panchayat Empowerment
2. Artisans and Rural Innovations
3. Rural Entrepreneurship and Marketing
4. Empowering the Underprivileged (People as well as Areas)
5. Non-violence and Conflict Resolution
Efforts will be made to prepare Status Reports for the above by these Gandhi Darshanand Action Fellows. In the process, such identified institutions and individuals involved in these initiatives will be honored every year (2017, 2018 and 2019) on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti. The felicitation function for such Fellows will be accompanied with presentation of their work and sharing of their experiences. A special convention in October 2019 will review all these initiatives and their learning will be shared for the youth of our country to be motivated and imbibe.
- To identify contemporary initiatives by individuals/institutions (including/outside the governmental programs) which promote the Gandhian concepts of Constructive Work to inculcate the spirit of self-reliance and Gram-Swarajya through community participation.
- To honour 100 such individuals every year on the 2nd October (2017 & 2018) and all of them on Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th anniversary on the 2nd October 2019 so that the youth could be motivated towards such ideals and initiatives.
- To prepare a comprehensive status report of such initiatives from across the nation to further drive sustainable holistic development.